We believe you don’t have to “settle” for a wood flooring specification. At Woodwright, we are confident that we can give you anything you want in a wood flooring project. Any specie, any design, any texture and any color! To start designing your custom wood flooring project, we have created these 5 easy steps that our Architect + Design Consultants will assist you with in designing your next project.
- Select your specie. Woodwright will assist you in making sure you are selecting the proper specie for your project. Our goal is to educate you on the pros and cons of wood species to ensure maximum performance. For your reference, we have created a reference guide to the stability and hardness of commonly used wood flooring specie.
- Select your style. While a standard plank or strip floor may be the most common type of wood flooring you may specify, your options with Woodwright do not stop there. Our Architect + Design Consultants can assist you with an endless amount of style options. Below is a partial list of some additional style options we can offer to you.
- End grain flooring
- Mixed media such as leather + wood, stone + wood or metal + wood
- Custom design your own.
- 3D wall applications
- Wall and ceiling applications
- Select type. Woodwright doesn’t just specialize in wood floors, we specialize in ALL TYPES of wood floors. Whether you are looking at solid wood flooring, engineered wood flooring or end grain wood flooring, we can accommodate your request.
- Add texture. Adding texture to your wood floor will open up the grain and give your wood flooring more depth and dimension. Following are some of the most common textures we provide to our clients.
- Wire brushing
- Hand scraping
- Band saw marking
- Double hand scraping
- Select your finish. Not every project demands the same type of finish. We value your business and we work tirelessly to provide you with a finish that will exceed your expectations. Our Architect + Design Consultants will educate you on the advantages and disadvantages of each type of finish and which one you should consider for your project.
- Site Finish: Oil, Urethane or Wax
- Custom Shop Finish: Oil or Urethane
- Custom blended colors and specialty treatments
After you have taken the journey through the design process, Woodwright will provide you with artisan samples. Our investment in the sampling process is our commitment to you that we are fully invested in your process. Our belief is that a true wood floor representation can not be attained in a 6 inch board sample. The sample process takes 7-10 business days.
In a time crunch? Our showrooms in Austin and Dallas are stocked full of beautifully crafted wood flooring samples for your use. Please contact one of of Consultants to arrange a showroom presentation or for us to come to you.