Project Location: Dallas, Texas (Maple & Oaklawn avenues)
General Contractor: Andres Construction, Beck Construction
Architect and Design Team: Good Fulton Farrell, Benson Hlavity, Beck Architecture & Dagliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects out of VA
Products Used: R&Q White Oak, European Oak, Hickory Pecan
Photography Credit: Mark Matthews
After acquiring the historic Old Parkland Hospital in 2006, Crow Family Holdings envisioned creating a corporate headquarters and Ivy League style Class A-plus office campus.
The original brick main building and east wing of Parkland Hospital were completed in 1913, designed in the Classical Revival-style with Georgian influences while the old Nurses Quarters was constructed in 1924.
By 2009 both buildings had undergone a transformative renovation. Since then, multiple other spectacular buildings adorn the complex, which has become a modern architectural wonder… with a neo-classical architecture built on a residential scale, the property resembles that of a university campus.
Woodwright has been honored to provide and install practically every plank of elaborate wood flooring on this exquisite nine-acre campus, including over 25 handcrafted medallions.
Most of the intricate wood floors throughout the spaces are double hand-scraped (Woodwright’s signature texture) and triple oiled.